Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The End Is Near

Hello Everyone! 

To those of you in the states I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! To those of you in Spain and other's taking exams I hope you are doing well on your finals! And to all the rest I hope all is well. In the beginning missing even the smallest holiday was the biggest thing for me, but as my time has went on I have learned that giving up a few holidays was well worth the price. Yes I missed turkey on Thanksgiving, and seeing my siblings faces early in the morning on Christmas, and I missed Easter egg hunts, and BBQ's and birthdays and all those other little things but what I gained was so much more and I have so many more years of those holidays with my wonderful family to celebrate. I have gained another family who I care about very deeply and will always be a part of my heart, I have gained friendships that I hope will carry with me throughout life, I have gained the experience of learning another language, of living in another country, and of adapting to a different life, I have traveled and seen more than I ever thought possible, and so much more. This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life and I thank all of you for supporting me and helping me. It has been a bumpy ride at times but with all of my friends and family I have made it though.

In 2 weeks I will be home, 2 weeks! I cannot believe that the time is already here for me to head back. As the end is coming I have thought a lot more about the beginning and how it all started and in some ways it seems like it was just yesterday and in others it seems like centuries ago. The person who arrived in Spain is completely different that the person who will be leaving. I have developed my Spanish so much, although there is always room for improvement the fact that I have not only survived but created a relationship with someone that is so deep who doesn't speak my native language proves that I am doing something right. I have learned, okay I am still learning, to roll with the punches, although it is a lesson that is not completely learned I have had to adapt and accept that not everything is as structured as I am used to. Although I was never really a dependent person I am leaving this experience a more independent and confident person. I have learned that me and my happiness have to come first, and although I prefer making others happy if I am happy with who I am and what I have done then that is enough because at the end of the day the only person who I have to deal with is me. 

Well it is time for me to end this blog and get back to studying, my last final is Friday and afterwards I am celebrating with a trip to Valencia to buy a Starbucks and my last round of souvenirs from there. I then have a nice relaxing week filled with friends, my Castellon family, the beach, and sadly packing and saying goodbye to Castellon. Lastly, I will make a two day trip to Madrid to see the capital of Spain and then flying home. I will try to update this atleast once and updating my 365project whenever I get an interesting picture to share! 

Love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment