Monday, June 11, 2012

Madrid!

Hello Everyone!

I am offically in the capital of Spain. After a rough night of what I guess we will call sleep I woke up, said a sad goodbye to my host mom and to Castellón and headed caught the 7:30am train to Madrid. After a little under 3 hours in the train with some sleep and reading I had arrived in Spain. The train station was HUGE and lugging around a 70pound suitcase and then my backpack and carry on suitcase I decided to spend a little extra money and catch a taxi instead of trying to catch a metro (or subway) I didn´t want to risk having to carry all of it up or down stairs.
The taxi ride was, interesting. The train station is not really in the center of town and the way we went I saw a lot of neighborhoods that I really hope I will not have to see while I am here. In the end though I made it to my hostel safe and sound. The hostel is nothing special, it is clean (and has a very overpowering smell of clean to prove it) and a place to sleep, the elevator is a little scary though so I will be opting for the stairs when I don´t have a suitcase.
Anyways, I´m going to go explore the city and see what there is too see! I´ll probably report back later!

Love you all!

P.S (I forgot about to put this in earlier) This morning my taxi driver was telling me how he used to live in the states and all over South America and what not and it was so neat to hear about. It was also nice to know that even though he probably knew English he still chose to talk to me in Spanish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment